Myself and 2 friends are planning on a hut trip and have some questions. We plan on starting at Turquoise lake trailhead on 1/28 and skiing to Uncle Buds. Spending the night there. Then backcountry travel to 10th Mtn Div Hut and staying there 1/29. Finishing at Crane Park trailhead.
- Is there a local bus that runs along the Hwy 24 so we can return to the car? Other shuttle options? Is uber easily available?
- We are novice backcountry skiiers (but not new to the outdoors)- is this doable?
- I see on the availability page that both huts have room on 1/29 so we could pivot and drop the backcountry traverse and simply spend 2 nights at one of the huts, if you recommend this should we drop 10th Mtn Hut or Uncle Buds hut?
- Does anyone want to join us? I have 3 extra spots.
Maybe relevant information:
- I am not totally new to huts, I have snowshoed to Fritz and stayed at the europahütte in switzeralnd in the summer
- I have been skiing and snowboarding (mostly snowboarding) since young age, but never done backcountry. I am taking a backcountry ski class in lake tahoe this christmas and skiing for 3 days to brush up on my skiing